Immediate Supervisor Title:
Chief Financial Officer
Job Supervisory Responsibilities:
A nonexempt position responsible for accounting functions including reporting of financial operations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepares monthly general and standard journal entries, financial statements and comparative reports, account reconciliations, cost reports.
- Assists independent auditors with interim and year-end audits and verifies accuracy of reports.
- Prepares federal, state, and other governmental reports such as annual tax returns and Employee Retirement Income Security Act of 1974 (ERISA) reports.
- Maintains and reviews cost center and appropriation accounts, including trial balances, to verify accuracy with coding, classifying, and posting.
- Prepares reports of budget expenditures, revenues, and account or fund balances.
- Maintains cash schedules, inspects account status and transfers cash as necessary to cover disbursements.
- Assists with payroll activities.
- Assists with the operation of the retirement plans.
- Assists with the preparation of special reports.
Education and/or Experience Required:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting.
- Minimum three to five years of accounting experience with increasing responsibilities. Previous health care experience is preferred, but not required.
- Knowledge of the generally accepted accounting principles.
- Knowledge of budgeting and cost accounting principles.
- Excellent analytical and math skills.
- Good communication skills.
- Skill in dealing with multiple projects and interruptions.
- Strong organizational skills; attention to detail.
- Prior utilization, and implementation, of accounting software programs.
- Ability to analyze financial reports.
- Ability to prepare accounting reports.
- Ability to work independently and meet deadlines as assigned.
- Ability to maintain effective working relationships.
- SStandard office equipment including computers, fax machines, copiers, printers, telephones, et.
- Position is in a well-lighted office environment. Occasional evening and weekend work.
- Involves sitting approximately 90 percent of the day, walking or standing the remainder.
Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer
St. Paul Eye Clinic is an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer and complies with all applicable laws relating to discrimination against qualified applicants or employees in hiring or in any decision affecting job status, pay, or any other terms and conditions of employment based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, familial status, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, age, or other applicable protected classes.