Patient Service Representative
A nonexempt, clerical position responsible for greeting patients/assisting visitors, scheduling and coordinating appointments, and receiving incoming telephone calls in a prompt, courteous, and professional manner.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Greet, register, and check in patients. Obtain demographic information, consents, and insurance information. Obtain insurance cards and picture identification. Obtain referral information. Maintains information as required. Collect copay/payment outlined in the Clinic Financial policy.
- Prepares and files medical records.
- Prepares materials as needed, i.e. charge slips, face sheets, consent forms, schedules.
- Answer and direct phone calls.
- Make patient appointments. Confirm patient appointments.
- Sort and distribute incoming mail. Prepares outgoing articles for mailing.
- Maintains an orderly work area.
- Adheres to departmental policies and procedures, including patient privacy.
- Other jobs as assigned by your supervisor or management.
Education and/or Experience Required:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- One year of experience in customer service or reception, preferably in a health care environment.
- Experience with Electronic Health Records, preferable.
Certificates, Licenses and/or Registrations Required:
- Knowledge of medical terminology and organization services.
- Knowledge of individual responsibilities to accurately direct callers.
- Ability to use multi-line phone system, including transferring calls and paging.
- Adequate hearing to answer phone and speak with patients.
- Ability to speak clearly and loudly enough to be heard by callers and patients.
- Elicits appropriate information to route calls to the appropriate person.
- Prevents, calms, or defuses irate callers and patients by working with them to identify concerns and properly directs calls.
Equipment Operated: Standard office equipment including computers, scanners, fax machines, copiers, printers, telephones, etc.
Work Environment: Position is in a well-lighted office environment. Occasional evening and weekend work.
Mental/Physical Requirements: Involves sitting approximately 90 percent of the day, walking or standing the remainder.
Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer
St. Paul Eye Clinic is an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer and complies with all applicable laws relating to discrimination against qualified applicants or employees in hiring or in any decision affecting job status, pay, or any other terms and conditions of employment based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, familial status, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, age, or other applicable protected classes.