How To Prepare For Your Telehealth Appointment
- Download and print the SNELLEN test documents
- Watch the video guide below to learn how to perform the test
- Have the patient take the SNELLEN test
- Record the test results
SNELLEN Test Guide
- Click the link below to download the SNELLEN test.
- Print the eye chart on standard 8.5”x11” paper.
- Make sure your printer is set up to print the actual size and not "fit to page”.
- Once printed, tape the eye test at eye level on the wall.
- Have the patient stand 10 feet from the wall using a tape measure.
- Cover the patient's left eye with an eye patch or the palm of their hand.
- If the patient wears glasses, have them put the glasses on.
- Have the patient read each line of the chart moving from top to bottom.
- Identify the lowest line where they can read at least half of the letters.
- After that line is determined, record the number on the results page, which can be downloaded and printed in the link below.
- Once completed, cover the right eye and repeat the test.